Wednesday, November 2, 2011

seasonally fresh

a friend recently shared this quote predicting design trends for 2013.
art is challenging the status quo.  living between worlds, the artist is in a state of FLUX.  he/she is dealing with analyses, processes as well as concepts, to live an existence of constant transformation.

i can see myself in this statement.  transition upon transition, processed and filtered, played out in everyday life.

AUTUMN has recently become my favorite season.  Our new home mimics the best of fall // a casual, brisk breeze during my daily runs // endless varieties of squash at our farmer's market // pumpkin gingerbread smoothies // neighborhood garage sales on saturday mornings

Married life is exceptional and I never tire of talking about it.  The pace of everyday has slowed considerably, and I finally have time to explore new hobbies.  Last week, it was roasting a butternut squash (recipe here).  This week, a watercolor for our kitchen wall.  The joy of sharing both new and old with my husband blesses my heart.  We discover more of our differences every day, but there is refreshing hope in approaching these differences with honesty.  God has destined us to be co-laborers for His glory, so we laugh through our misunderstandings & strive for greater oneness.

FRESH INSPIRATION as i contemplate apartment decor ///  believe me, its a mind-consuming process



///  Claude Monet

*** I PROMISE to post pictures of our apartment before the year ends....the perfectionist in me is not satisfied enough to disclose anything yet.

Blog Archives