Thursday, September 15, 2011

the deepest of love

I have always appreciated weddings because they undoubtedly alter two paths forever with two little words.  Before September 4 I had only been a bystander, the one who cried when she would walk down the aisle as I imagined what she was thinking.  My turn finally came and went quickly by with a fury of celebration.  And  I was overwhelmed.  Not because the cake was a little late or because my dress got incredibly dirty, but because of you.  Jon and I had many expectations for our wedding, but we were unprepared for the outpouring of love we experienced from our family & beloved friends.

Choosing to host the wedding in California was a tough decision, and I was blown away by all of our friends and family who traveled so far to be with us.  Words cannot express how I felt when I looked out during the ceremony and saw my closest friends, or how much fun it was to dance the night away with you (though my dress reaped the consequences).  Your support, tireless work, and generosity has ministered to Jon and I and continues to bless us as we reflect on the best day of our lives.

BLESSINGS IN FULL

+ our intimate rehearsal dinner, so delightfully planned by the Roberts, with thoughtful details, handmade gifts, and kind words that will never be forgotten.

+ my bridesmaids who served me endlessly: traveling far and wide, surprising me with gifts & unforgettable nights, and praying for me each step of the way.

+ spending the week of the wedding running around with Mom, and rejoicing that I have gained the spiritual advice, prayer, and love of another mother!  They're stuck with me for life, and I love it.

+ seeing 2+ years in slow motion as I walked down the aisle towards Jon. it's every emotion : layered and wrapped up into one moment...

In the short span of a day, my world stopped spinning only to start again to the beat of a different drum.  Kauai was a world of beauty, and yet I am so excited to be HOME....I've got my cleaning gloves on, my cookbooks open, and my husband to love.  More soon....

[caption id="attachment_986" align="aligncenter" width="1024" caption="spoiled at the ST. REGIS"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_985" align="aligncenter" width="1024" caption="na pali coast"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_989" align="aligncenter" width="771" caption="first day back to work...such a bummer"][/caption]

 

Blog Archives