Sunday, April 29, 2012

Baby Bites >>>

As a newlywed & a dutiful homemaker, I am a strong believer that “good, better, best” is what my husband deserves. From home-cooked food to cleanliness to a thought-out schedule for our week -- this is not an easy mantra to assume. There’s certainly nothing half-hearted about one’s “best”.

In an effort to live in a way that promotes wellness and healthful choices, I quickly realized that making the healthy choice was not the cheap choice. At least not at first glance. But as I started to change my view on what real food is, I discovered that I was shaving around $50 off my monthly grocery bill. For our tiny family of two, that’s saying something. One of the most significant changes >> I started buying all of my produce from my farmer’s market. There’s nothing like the feeling of knowing where your food came from && building relationships with the people who have a passion for growing the food I love.

Here are five other tips for lowering the bill but upping the nutritional value:

Image

I feel like this is only the tip of the iceberg, but I hope you found these tips practical & not too frightening to give them a try. I wanted to post this earlier, but have been swamped with other “assignments” that I’ve taken on in the evening hours. Some of the most exciting…a new website for my Dad that I am designing & writing….a new Logos class that Jon & I are taking at our church….some new craft ideas…you know how it goes.

On the plate for next time >>> ways to enjoy kale!

Blog Archives