Tuesday, January 8, 2013

keeping it real in 2013

happy & new!

NYE ... the night where the celebratory moments of the year culminate in one big explosion of a party. While you can't always spend the evening with every person that you love, I feel privileged to say that I spent it with quite a few close friends (see photos below). One of the best parts of a new year is the sense of starting afresh. I haven't lived on this earth for very long, but I understand this feeling well enough to appreciate that it comes around every 365ish days. Instead of my usual 3-5 resolutions, I am committing to one and only one resolution this year.

blog_NYE_resolution


This ambiguous goal seems especially challenging because it is a battle every day, but I know that every attempt I make will be worthwhile and eternally so. To be more selfless in love, kinder in speech, sacrificial in priorities. My husband may not always be deserving of my love (or so I may be inclined to think at times), but I fall short in many, many more ways. So let’s stop for a moment and consider 2013, a year that many are calling unlucky. I am going to argue that when it’s all said and done, you will be surprised at the strength and wisdom you will gain in the mishaps & journeys of this next year. I, for one, can’t wait.

NYE_Part Two

Blog Archives