Sunday, December 30, 2012

new makings

I will be the first to admit that it's been a while, a long while, since I've visited my blog. Something about working on the computer all day produces in me a lack of motivation to even touch my laptop when I finally get home, but alas I think it is time to start up again! This time around, I won't put pressure on myself to compose such lengthy posts! Not that I don't enjoy those, but it is far easier to throw up a few pictures and a quick update. Also, I have been diving into the world of graphic design lately -- swimming around in an ocean full of creativity -- so don't be surprised if you see some of my work on here in the near future!

The holiday season this year felt different for Jon and I. Maybe it was knowing that we weren't going back to the Midwest, or maybe it was the craziness of the 4th quarter at work, but something about this Christmas felt a little off. Regardless, we still had a great month reflecting on Christ's birth and how thankful we are that God gave us a Saviour. We didn't deserve the blessing of God coming to earth and becoming a man, we can't fathom the cost of our sins and how they crushed Christ on the cross, and yet we have been given the privilege of a relationship with God despite ourselves! This Christmas, we celebrated these simple truths and the making of new traditions as well.

Our cozy family of two headed north for the white-capped peaks of Mammoth! After an all-night drive, we crashed for a couple of hours, loaded up on coffee, and then hit the mountain with everything we had! It was the best of times with my best friend, four feet of fresh pow, and a California ski town. If you can't be with all of your family on Christmas, playing in the snow is the next best thing.
new traditions in a frosted wonderland
unexpected storms gave way to perfectly powdered slopes
mornings welcomed with cup after cup of fresh brew
days filled with mountain-top adventures, pushing the limits and tumbling in powder
rewarded by hot showers & cozy evenings
accompanied by layered flannels & Christmas classics

...a Robert's Christmas

Image

Image

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Blog Archives