Sunday, July 3, 2011

call it a sabbatical

The past month has been my worst month of blogging to date, I apologize.

One of the reasons for my absence was the rearrangement of my life (once again).  Something was distinctly different in this transition....the finality of a closed chapter hit me hard and continues to surprise me.  It's the backward pull of deja vu that gets swept along in the furious pace of the present and the fervor of the future.  A strange sensation.

A couple weeks ago I stuffed my car with all of what remained in my room :: winter clothes that I had never bothered to bring to California, childhood novelties, scraps from the years.  Erica had flown out from LA to experience my life in the Midwest, and I knew her two short days in Kansas would not be enough.  My hometown holds too many experiences worth repeating, and I know we/she will return.

Then we drove. The music was fresh, and we were wide-eyed as we took in the splendor of Colorado and Utah in the brilliance of the early dawn and the muted colors of dusk.  We arrived in Nevada (specifically Sin City), and it became apparent that man inevitably mixes beauty with veins of filth.  So we stopped only for lunch, and pushed towards the final destination of my summer home.  Roadtrips will forever remind me of goodbye and the opportunity for healing provided in the silence of hours, when all I can hear is the quiet comfort of God's voice.

OCCASION TO PAUSE & PRAISE  > > >



[caption id="attachment_932" align="aligncenter" width="1024" caption="penny arcade -- summer pasttime"][/caption]



[caption id="attachment_935" align="aligncenter" width="701" caption="vegas for lunch, and lunch alone"][/caption]

Secondly, I have not been blogging because my computer (usually my constant companion) has been left behind on my recent travels.   >> I got a taste of the big apple this last week....&& the scrumptious details will be shared in the next couple posts >>

Blog Archives